Monday 26 December 2016

Winter Reflection

Good morning

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday and that your heads aren't too sore today!  I spent Christmas Day with my boyfriend's family and this morning I will be off to see my brother and sister-in-law for a few hours before they go away for a few days.

I thought I would pop by today to share another of my Christmas makes.

I love the scenes that can be created using Card-io stamps and I picked up a couple of new sets when I visited the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycraft show back in September.  I watched some of the demonstrations again and, although nowhere near as fabulous as those on show, I gave it a good go!



I used a Post-It note cut with a curve to create the top snowbank and gently blended some ink to create the sky and the sunrise, before stamping the trees in first, second and even third generation stamping to create some distance.  I then used the straight edge of a Post-It and gently blended to create the waterline of the lake before stamping the deer.  To create the reflection of the deer I stamped it onto acetate before transferring the mirror image below.  Take care when doing this as your stamp will slide around on the acetate.  I then finished with some glitter adhered with a Quickie Glue pen and the sentiment stamped at the top.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Card-io - Mini Tall Trees, Festive Scene
  • Ink: Versa Color - Neptune, Orange, Marigold; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost - Frosty Dawn

Challenge entries:

Crafty Creations - Challenge #331 - Any Holiday
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #163 - Christmas and Hanukkah

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #264 - White Christmas
A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #184 - Anything Christmas Goes
The Male Room - Challenge #50 - Christmas/Winter Wishes/December Celebrations
Time Out - Challenge #73 - Inspired by Words "With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning"





Thanks, as always, for visiting and I hope you all have a great time continuing with your festivities, whatever you're up to.

I hope to see you again soon.



11 comments:

  1. wow Anita this is one beautiful card, I love the mix of techniques and love how you still made this so very CAS, have a wonderful day today and thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the rest of the festive period and here's t a healthy, happy and creative 2017 x Such a pretty card today, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene...love that deer reflection, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks totally brilliant, Neets! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really, really awesome, Anita! I'm fascinated with your serene design!! I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! This is simply amazing Anita..Love it totally..Overall scene looks so real..Thank you so much for joining us again at Crafty Creations Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so lovely. The reflection you made with the deer stamp is so realistic looking. Those sorts of techniques never work for me...glad to see you were able to work it. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every bit as good as Card-io, it's beautiful and you've got that hint of colour too. Thank you for finding time to join us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love all the techniques and the super fresh wintermorning feeling! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...