Thursday 13 April 2017

Seize the Birthday - Surprise Party Guest! (Week 4)

Good afternoon!

I'm happy to be back sharing a card for another week of my Surprise Party Guest role at Seize the Birthday.  I love the theme this week as it meant I had to use something I neglect to use far too often!




Every week at Seize the Birthday is Anything Goes as long as it's a birthday theme.



And some weeks there are also optional Toppings


And this week's Topping option is...

Two Patterned Papers



I had fun using two co-ordinating papers from the same paper pad here...


I adhered a strip of the floral paper directly to the card base.  I then adhered the polka dot paper over this which had been die cut with a stitched edge die.  This was then stamped with a bold happy birthday sentiment which was heat embossed in white.  I wasn't sure about the placement of the sentiment at first but I now quite like the quirky angles! :)

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Pebbles - Sunny Side
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges
  • Stamps: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #2
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White


I hope you get a chance to play along with this one, it's a great way to use some of those lovely papers that seem to get left in a cupboard or drawer and forgotten about!

Oh, and I hope you all have a fantastic Easter weekend.  This is a scheduled post so right now I'll be leaping out of the office looking forward to four days off work...bliss!





7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Anita! I love that you cut the top panel at an angle and heat embossed the sentiment..I love those quirky angles too! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you have me quite visibly shaken visualizing you literally leaping out of your office window! Oh, I do hope you're on the ground floor, Anita!! As far as your sediment angles go - AWESOME!! How fun and unique and I feel a trend coming on: just think using our pps and our neglected bold and bodacious sediments!! What could be better? I'm all over this! Have a fantastic Easter weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I love the "quirky" angles of the sentiment.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love your "happy paper" : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am so glad we could help you get some use out of your neglected patterned paper. Your card is beautiful and I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the bold patterns, great layout and fabulous sentiment. So happy to have you joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita I love the mix of floral and polka dots! Super fun layout too, especially the placement of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...